Monday, November 2, 2009
Friday, October 30, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Although the wait has felt interminable, it was almost worth it to read Judge Eskin's decision regarding Plaintiff Christen Brown's attempt to get the money reserved for victims of Orson Mozes' adoption scams. Judge Eskin ruled that Brown
1. does not have a legitimately acquired interest in the confiscated assets;
2. is NOT AN INNOCENT SPOUSE/PERSON; and
3. the claim for child support by Brown does not have priority over the (monetary) restitution owed to the victims of the defendant's crimes.
AMEN! I took great pleasure in Judge Eskin's keen observations regarding Brown's involvement in Adoption International Program and his verbal lashing that she placed her own desires before her child's (Zoe) interests!
Here are a few of my favorite comments by Judge Eskin
- "The evidence is overwhelming that the source of the seized assets was the defendant's (Orson) operation of a fraudulent business between the years 2003 and 2007, while he lived Claimant (Christen), and she (and their children) enjoyed the benefit of his earning which were derived from the crimes..."
- "Claimant failed to establish by a preponderance of the evidence that she was an 'innocent.' This court cannot determine the extent of her criminal culpability, but the evidence does support this Court's conclusion that she was (probably) complicit in the criminal activities."
- "...she undoubtedly had knowledge of the crimes despite her protestations to the contrary and was probably complicit in the criminal activities."
- "The testimony of Claimant was extremely damaging to her position. The factors used to assess credibility of witnesses lead this Court to conclude that her testimony was inherently unbelievable. Although she earned a master's degree in counseling psychology from Boston University, published a book and coached clients for speech and media presentations, at times, she presented herself as clueless about the operations of AIP between 2004 and 2007..."
- "Her explanation for the mid-hearing visit to Kathleen Lynch defied credulity, and her attempt to explain her involvement in the e-mail exchange with AIP client Vanessa Donaher in November 2005, when she agreed to refund her money while denying she had any knowledge of complaints by AIP clients borders on ludicrous."
- "It is this Court's opinion that this clever language constitutes a fraud perpetrated on the Court in the dissolution proceedings..." [Note: This was in reference to specifics in their divorce] The judge also makes a statement that Christen basically put herself before her daughter and should have used proceeds from the sale of the house to support their daughter.
In my opinion, this is all confirmation of what the victims have felt in their hearts all along: Christen is a greedy piranha and only cares about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ~ she knew exactly what was going on and could care less about APs or orphans. All she ever cared about was maintaining her luxurious lifestyle...even to the point where she placed maintenance of that lifestyle above the needs of her own child!
Friday, July 24, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Christen Brown, Orson Mozes' ex-wife and the co-owner and Executive Director of the adoption agency (Adoption International Program) that bilked nearly a hundred PAPs out of their life savings and the children proved once again, in my opinion, that she is a GREEDY PIRANHA!
The Santa Barbara District Attorney's office found and froze assets that Mozes was attempting to hide totaling approximately $300k. Mozes is being ordered to pay restitution to his victims; unfortunately, that amount exceeds $700,000.00 so these victims will sadly only get a small percentage of their loss.
Mozes was scheduled to be sentenced yesterday. However, it was postponed. WHY? Because the GREEDY PIRANHA, Christen Brown, filed a motion claiming that SHE should get 100% of the money that they recovered from her ex-husband for child and spousal support. This woman does not care AT ALL about the pain and suffering that HER company inflicted on these victims. She is so greedy and selfish that she does not want a single penny to get away.
This is a woman who is now living in yet another multi-million dollar home (currently for sale for $2,395,000.00): http://www.michaelcalcagno.com/properties/2078LasCanoas/index.htmlOh yes! This poor woman is really suffering without her husband! In my opinion, I am sure that plenty of the victims' life savings paves her sidewalks.
The sentencing will now take place on Thursday, July 23rd. Deputy DA Paula Waldman will read all of the victim impact statements, and present her recommendation to the judge as to what should happen with the monies recovered from Mozes. She does not support Christen's opinion that she should get the money. For now, we will have to wait and see. If her claim is denied we are sure she will file an appeal because Ms. Greedy Piranha won't stop until she is sure she has kicked every one of the victims while they are down.